Tell your Senator NO on Gender Identity Bill
The Senate Judiciary Committee has recommended Interim Study on the gender identity bill (HB 1319). The full Senate will vote on it Wednesday, May 2 or Thursday, May 3.
- Ask your state senator to vote YES to “Interim Study” OR “Inexpedient to Legislate” on HB 1319. Phone calls are most effective.
Look up your senator HERE.
- Call Governor Sununu at 603-271-2121. He has expressed support for HB 1319, but there is still time for him to change his mind.
- Read The Impact of HB 1319 on Privacy: An Analysis in Light of New Hampshire Law.
Contact your Reps to STOP Therapy Ban
The Senate passed HB 587 with an amendment, and so the bill will go back to the House. The House will vote on May 2 or 3 on the Senate changes whether to “concur” (which will send the bill to the Governor’s desk) or to form a “committee of conference.”
- Call House Majority Leader Dick Hinch at 603-271-3665, and encourage him to do whatever he can to unite the House majority to prevent HB587 from passing.
- Contact your state representatives (contact information HERE) and ask to vote NO to a “motion to concur” and YES to a “committee of conference” on HB 587. Phone calls are most effective.
- Call Governor Sununu at 603-271-2121 and express your opposition to the therapy ban bill (HB 587) in any form.
- Read Paving the Way: Judges, Children, and Gender and Cornerstone’s Briefing.