ACT NOW to protect foster children in NH!
For the past 14 years, Bethany Christian Services has supported foster and adoptive families in New Hampshire through the Community and Faith Based Initiative Grant.
Bethany Christian Services is now in danger of losing this grant and with it the funding that has supported their foster families.
YOUR ACTIONS CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE FOR FOSTER KIDS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!
CALL the Governor and his Executive Council and ask them to support the extension of the Community and Faith Based Initiative Grant in NH to Bethany Christian Services!
- Bethany has applied for and received the grant for the Community and Faith Based Initiative since 2005. The grant is paid for with federal funds.
- In the 14 years that they have had the grant there has never been a complaint that they discriminate against anyone.
- Each year Bethany staff supports hundreds of foster children through events such as the May Foster/Adoptive Family celebration, with gifts at Christmas time via Operation Christmas Joy, and by meeting tangible needs such as beds, bedding, camperships, backpacks, hats and mittens, etc.
- The staff at the DCYF strongly support Bethany’s effectiveness in meeting the grant goals and have advocated that more funds be granted to help them have more staff hours to implement grant goals.
- Most importantly, the children of NH are the ones who lose out if the grant is not extended. They should not be political pawns, ever.