Cornerstone Pastors and Leaders Network: Mission, Vision, Values
In states all over the country, when God’s people engage with governing officials with the intent to serve them, truly good public policy can result. The Cornerstone Pastors and Leaders Network seeks to gather, inspire, and equip the leaders of God’s people in New Hampshire to lovingly engage with the leaders of New Hampshire government for the sake of the common good.
- Mission: To build a strong network of relationships between leaders of faith communities and leaders of local, state, and federal governments in New Hampshire.
- Vision: That every New Hampshire community of faith rooted in orthodox Judeo-Christian values would be actively engaging in cultivating friendly relationships with local governing authorities. Markers of these relationships can include:
- Acknowledging the challenges our lawmakers face and offering our support.
- The deliberate & regular inclusion of government officials in prayer rhythms of the congregation, using the prayer vocabulary of that sect.
- Friendly engagement with government officials by faith community leaders in acts such as invitations to coffee, lunch, community & family events; and spiritual wellness check-ups.
- Honor: We honor and respect governing authorities as ministers of governing institutions established by God (Rom. 13.1, 1 Peter 2.13-14), regardless of the authorities’ political persuasion. We honor the reality that every government official is an individual on his own journey as it relates to knowing the Creator (see John 17.3).
- The Kingdom: We believe the space created in friendship is a “Kingdom space” where God can move in the hearts and minds of elected officials, both to help them positively address societal problems and persuade them as to the goodness of God’s principles.
- Scripture: Trusting in the authority of the Judeo-Christian Scriptures and in the God whom they reveal, we believe that God’s people have the privilege & responsibility of modeling for all citizens both the character of God (His compassion) and His righteousness (His clarity) when engaging with issues facing society.
To learn more about the Pastors and Leaders Network, please contact Neil Hubacker at firstname.lastname@example.org.