Back to School!
It’s that time of year again. Here in New Hampshire, Cornerstone Policy Research is committed to helping parents and children thrive in our educational system. Part of this is knowing that students are NOT required to check their faith at the door.
Quite the opposite. Students have broad, constitutionally-protected rights to to express their faith both inside and outside of the classroom.
YES, Students YOU CAN:
- Pray in Schools
- Read your Bibles
- Talk to your friends about Jesus
- Participate in events like “See You at the Pole” and “Bring Your Bible to School” Day
- Start Bible studies or participate in groups such as Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Young Life, CRU, and others.
Parents remember, if your child receives push back from their school administration in exercising their freedom of religion, you have an ally in Cornerstone. Contact us. We are here to help you defend your religious liberty!
With that in mind, here are some additional resources to help YOU protect religious liberties in school:
- Alliance Defending Freedom (K-12) ; Alliance Defending Freedom (Colleges and Universities)
- US Department of Education: Guidance on Constitutionally Protected Prayer in Public Schools
- US Department of Education: Religious Expression in Public Schools
- Gateways to Better Education
- See You at the Pole
- Bring Your Bible to School Day
With these resources in mind, it is our hope that parents and students alike can start the school year confident of their rights to practice their religion so they can be a light to others.
Wishing you a wonderful, productive and fruitful start of your school season!