2015 Families First Legislative Priorities
1) Protect religious liberty for all people of faith in New Hampshire.
- Affirm the rights of pastors and churches to practice their faith without state interference
- Repeal the so-called “buffer zone” law, which if enforced will treat prayer on public sidewalks as unlawful
2) Protect innocent human life from conception to natural death.
- Protect New Hampshire’s parental notification law
- Repeal the “buffer zone” law
- Through legislative and/or administrative means, establish a state program for the collection of abortion statistics
- Monitor legislation regarding end-of-life care to guard against legalization of medically-assisted suicide
- Pass a fetal homicide law
3) Protect the rights of parents to determine the best educational setting for their children.
- Prevent state imposition of Common Core standards on local districts and homeschooled students
- Require election rather than appointment of members of the New Hampshire Board of Education
- Promote protection of student privacy
- Require transparency and public accountability regarding student assessment methods
4) Support fiscal policies that strengthen New Hampshire families and respect the needs of small business owners.
- Work with a broad coalition of New Hampshire groups to keep New Hampshire casino-free
- Support right-to-work legislation and resist policies that require payment of agency fees as a condition of employment